I am a student by love, a teacher by nature ... and a moralizer by accident. Did I ever tell you that one of my nicknames as a kid was "Judge"? I'll bet you've figured it out by now, huh?
I really hated that nickname (almost as much as I hated "Knockers" in high school). Seriously, I don't know what comes over me - the teacher, the know-it-all, and the ranter conspire, and, suddenly, I'm sermonizing where I meant to relate, and seething when I meant to share. I love my life, and I love sharing the learning, the finding, the fun with you.
I think I'm scared - of success, or failure, I don't know. I've never taken on something this big, or this complex. It's overwhelming sometimes. That, I guess, is why I fall back on the lecture - I feel more in control that way.
Wait - a lecture as therapy? For fear? What a bonehead! No, and no! There's only one cure for what ails me!
Grab the Proton pack, Venkman - Preachy Bunny is toast.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep