Friday, July 11, 2008

All's Quiet on the Bunny Front ... Sort of ...

July 5th was in the holiday weekend, so pickings were rather slim around here. I did hit a couple of thrift shops - best find was a lovely silver and cinnabar (yes, cinnabar!) pendant, in the shape of a lotus blossom, for $2.99. Mostly what I walked away with, however, was unknown gems, minerals, and metals, classic speculation items that were inexpensive enough to warrant the risk. (You know, "learning curve" items.) Plus, classes have begun with a vengeance, and I'm already up to 28 billable hours a week (which is about 36 hours of actual work).

So, instead of shopping, and thinking more than I had to, I continued to clean the place up. I filled several boxes with more things - for the thrift store, I swear. Then The Big Lug joined in briefly, even saying he should have pulled his old bike, a decade-old 10-speed, up from the basement and out into the yard sale.

That's when it started, and I can't get it out of my mind ...

I'm seriously thinking about having another yard sale.

Talk me out of it.

Somebody? Anybody?


Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep