I worked 11 hours yesterday and slept only 5, so I have a limited attention span right now. But that's okay, because not much is happening on the home front.
Saturday's hunting was slim - it rained, which limited me to thrift shops and online auctions. The former was shortened by the Electric Kid, who had an accident in the car (no real issue, I was tired from my week-long illness and recovery anyway), and the former was kind of lackluster.
Actually, that part surprised me. I get that donations are down - with the markets bouncing like a chihuahua on a caffeine high, no one wants to give anything away - but I expected more to show up on eBay and Yahoo. I don't know, maybe it's normal. Maybe it's a sign of things to come. Maybe people will pass on their nicer things as gifts this year.
Maybe I could figure it out if I had a brain. But I don't. I can't even focus here for long.
I thought about taking pictures today, posting my finds for the last ... what is it, three months? (I'm a bit out of date.) But the Big Lug took today off. He's taking care of me. So much so that I'm having trouble dodging him as I write this post. That's not actually a complaint since his version of caretaking is rubbing my fevered brow (and the neck and shoulders that carry all my stress). He can't cook, he doesn't pick up after himself, but the man kneads muscles like a gourmet baker does bread. He's worth his weight in platinum.
In fact, I need to head back. I threw him off the scent by playing Text Twist and Googling chest freezers (our basement 'fridge blowed up) but he'll be in here any minute to check on me - to bully me into lying down for awhile or make me eat a peanut butter sandwich. Big silly tyrant of a man.
I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep