Things just keep toe-tapping along, don't they? Our drought is now officially over (after last night's series of bucketload-dropping t-storms, ya think?), so the reservoirs are back up. The markets are up, also - to their beginning-of-the-year levels, not their 2008 levels (alas) but I'll take it. I still have a chunk of mostly-grass to strip on one side of the house, a trellis to erect on the other (for the snow peas), and not enough time to do it all today (even without the mud), but I did get the lawn mowed in the brief lull between systems yesterday afternoon so at least we won't face the jungles our neighbors currently have. (The Big Lug kissed me heartily for my work - worth every marsh-wrestling moment!) And though I missed a pretty, four-dollar tiny-bead jade necklace (interspersed with emerald- and diamond-studded circlets, no less) I found two very pleasing silver pieces that I wore all day with one of my new shirts. Oh yeah, and my Costco is selling $50 in Godiva gift cards for $20 until May 10th. (Guess where I went on Tuesday? My underwear drawer is stuffed full of emergency rations - at 60% off!) It's been a good week.
One foot in front of the other ... breathe, smile ... one foot in front of the other ... pace it off and walk it out ...
Life is not exciting just now but that's okay - I'm fine with the contentment package for awhile. Wild rides, and their inevitable road rash, will happen soon enough - they always do around me. I can wait awhile.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep