Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Diamond Day?

Amazing what expectation can do for you, isn't it? Today's the day at the Crater of Diamonds.
We checked it out last night - scoped the place out, so to speak. Bought some souveniers. Bought the ticket after 6 so it's good all day today. Watched a video on how to sluice. Even walked the field for awhile.

I found a chunk of agate that will polish up gorgeous. I found a wedge-shaped hunk of jasper. No diamonds yet. Maybe today, my mind whispers. Maybe it's my turn.

Expectation. It's almost as good as the real thing. Even if I find nothing in the field, I've already discovered that this place is a little slice of generosity, proof that the abundance of the planet is just there for our pleasure.

Treasure for the taking. Whether diamonds, agates, or just a wonderful day in the great outdoors, this is a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep