Not a bad weekend. Found some jewelry, some of which isn't crap, none of which is gold (probably - still trying to figure out how to work that gold-testing kit). Found a backpack full of kids books, too, for the Grands. Even found a fairly cool pipe stand for the Lug. I'm trying to work up the energy to take pictures - to post here, to maybe make my first eBay listing - but I'm just not there yet; I'm not sure I'll be there ever again at this rate. Truly, I'm hitting the wall here.
Two more weeks of this insane schedule, of tutorials filling every nook and cranny, of classes filled to the brim with students. It ramped up with the speed and power of a tornado late last week, won't let up until the 10th - and even that's suspect since I'm starting to fill up with other tests (ACT, PSAT), other dates forthcoming (November is just around the corner), even an AP Calculus student. The money is good. The brain fog is bad.
How do I get rid of this haze?
Well, for today I'll take a walk. That seems to help some. And I'll try not to think too much, save it for my students. I have to believe that one day I will be rid of this mental fuzz-bomb. Maybe my hormones will finally settle, or maybe I'll find the right combination of food and exercise, but I will, some day, be able to think.
Just not today.
Today I rest.
And, today only, I will force myself to enjoy it.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep