Twenty hours over the weekend. That's what I worked. Travel time extra.
Earning a living is the name of the game these days. After the rather emotional Thursday I had last week, I purposely and purposefully revisited my own tenets for this quest, and reminded myself that I have more than one way to reach it. Finding is fun (though traumatic sometimes), stealing is just waiting lately, and winning is not my priority (too much time on the 'net). Earning it is the star. Somehow, in all those hours, I managed to keep my cool when three students were late (not all at once) and interrupted the class while I had to go down to let them into the building and shepherd them up, managed not to lose it when another (tutorial) had the wrong time because mom didn't look at the calendar (we rescheduled for next Sunday), and even found peace in the parking lot that was the commute home (construction and rain). This is all part of a bigger picture. Thursday helped me with that, and other things.
What? Something was missing from my list? I didn't mention inheritance? There's a reason for that - Thursday also helped me realize I've been collecting instead of divesting, a reservoir instead of a conduit, Dragon girl instead of Bunny. I need to get that big donation ready to go - the one I said would go out by the end of summer, remember? It's time to inherit it forward, to return the generosity I've been shown, to give for ... okay, so maybe the pin and earrings have spurred a bit of guilt giving. Or maybe they just reminded me to work as hard on balance as I've worked to earn, and to find.
Because next time I get a big (platinum?) Good Bunny, I don't want to burst into tears.
Or worse - to take it as my due.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep