Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sins of Omission

Well, it's been one heck of a week. Lots of good intentions plus few follow-throughs equals many forgottens. For example, I forgot to mention the final blog's name in my last post - "Frugal Findings." (I hate it when I get all poodle-brained!) And I forgot to call a potential client for four days. (Hopefully, he's still a potential!) I also neglected to go to Weight Watchers to weigh in this month (I was waiting until my vacation weight started falling off by itself) and, since my weekend was crazy, missed every meeting entirely. Finally, I forgot to take the pictures I needed to do the posting I'd actually planned to do today.

I've been busy. That's good, of course - the spring testing season is in full swing, which means a steady paycheck until summer - but it blew in so fast I couldn't catch my breath, much less my organizational skills (such as they are). And though I refuse to teach before noon on Saturdays now, I was booked solid anyway on this first one of the season ... by my beautiful little Princess. I was the wheels for all her morning appointments while Head Trip worked, and then I had classes the rest of the day. Because of all this calendar-booking, I haven't hunted since my last post. Not once. Not anywhere.

I feel wrong, not in the itchy, need-my-fix way I used to feel, but in the borderline-autistic, my-hat-is-in-the-wrong-place-so-let-me-just-rock-in-the-corner way. I wish I could get to a thrift store today, but I've been trying to get through the yearly Assets versus Obligations that I'm not going to neglect just because I changed my blog to treasure hunting (no matter how much I want to neglect it). I have tutorials and classes all afternoon and evening, too, so I really must get on this. And go to the store (we're expecting snow this weekend). And take a long overdue walk (which also might explain the poodle-brain). And get Christmas finally cleared away. Completely.

(Yes, I feel italics are motivators. Shut up.)

So in the absence of my original post, I will summarize (below). However, I will (damn, that's a bad habit!) take pictures and give my own thoughts next time.

Happy hunting!

http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-Gold-Is-Real

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/jewel/pages/gold.shtml

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jewelry-Gems-Minerals-689/White-gold-amateur-tell.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?Gold-Plated-Or-Real?-Critical-Information-You-Need-To-Know-When-Buying-Jewelry!&id=975611

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep