I don't know how it happened - again! - but I'm pressed for time. I might have to switch back to Mondays, even though I (rightfully) call them "Dead Mondays." One of these days I'll be able to balance my reponsibilities and commitments with what I want to do ...
Which, of course, is to hit as many yard sales, thrift stores, pawn shops, and flea markets as is earthly possible! Why?
First, Alaska loot. Gorgeous, yes? Sterling earrings, lapel pin, and charm, gold rings, earrings, and service pins, as well as a very interesting necklace - onyx and hematite (I think) with gold clasp and beads. My favorite pieces are the leftmost ring (one of two fused wedding sets) and the amazing freshwater pearl earrings. The cruise ship pins, too. And the sterling things. Of course, the heavy rock necklace is ...
Okay, so there's all sorts of things to love here. I spent more than I wanted, but I didn't photo everything. I couldn't, since I did it today. I had more stuff from Alaska - earrings, a slider, an 18K ring with the stones cut out - but I "spent" them over the weekend.
Sometimes it's not simply about hunting, but about horse trading, wheeler-dealer-ing, swapping. And in this case ...
... I made some great deals. No, not all of this - but the service pins in front, yep. All of them. Mostly 14K, two diamonds, several rubies and seed pearls ... fantastic additions to my growing collection. Can you see the "V" pin (worn by WWII moms, this one had three boys in service) and the Rotary pin (most are just metal, 14K is rare) and the Texaco and Pet pins? Even fun research ahead - the EASM thing and the frat pins (see the one with the skull?!) were born to be with me!
The rest of the pictured items are things I've found since I returned home. I don't think I paid more than $4 for any one of them except maybe the bracelet (questionable marking but I bought it for the opals). I still have to do tests - I found two of the three pairs of hoops just yesterday in the dollar bin at a local thrift - but, since I only hit shops on the way to or from my tutorials and classes, I'm not wasting gas. So they're really bargains.
Don't know what I'll do with it all yet, but I'm enthralled with my DragonBunny hoarde, and I'm wearing my favorite fused set even as I type. 'Tis the season (Fall) for fantastic Finds since, as days get shorter and the end-of-year Tax Deduction clock runs down, more and more fantastic goods make their way into stores all over the country. You never know what you can find out there, so keep an eagle eye out!
I sure am!
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep