Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

I didn't do my assets vs. obligations this year on time (31 Jan) mostly because I had a chapter to write, the first chapter of the second book in the series written by me and my two partners and friends (and yes, we're still friends after working together for a year).  I also forgot (until today) that it's a brand-new year, as of Thursday, by the Chinese calendar.  According to this, it will be a year for focusing on family and home, of a drawing back of countries to lock down borders, and of more artistic pursuits and keeping the peace everywhere.

Suits me.  Fix up the house, spend more time with family, write with my partners on our series and by myself on my own projects, these were part of the plan even before I read the Zodiac characteristics.  Peace, diplomacy, a pullback to save sanity and energy after the fierce (and dangerous to people with head and neck issues) Year of the Tiger we just left is the name of the game.  And to commemorate this new year, I stopped at a little consignment shop I hardly ever go to and found this:

No, not a crystal ball, and not a great picture (one light, on the left, duh) but it's a 14K white gold ring, pearl, six diamonds, very pretty.  The tag said $69 but it went to half-price on New Year's Day (this New Year's Day), and waited for me to find it.

Because, you see, last year was the Tiger.  2011 is the Year of the Bunny.

The Golden Bunny.

This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep