Monday, May 9, 2011

Keeping Up

I promised, so here I am ... with pictures.  It was a fun week.


Overall, not bad.  Segregated (left to right and into the middle of the spiral) we have leather and silk purses, sterling, gold, silverplate, costume, and ... wait, above the costume is "to be tested."  Hm.  I need a better system.

Time for the closeups.


I really, really love the ring.  Clannad, Irish hallmarks, was a bargain for 9K gold, but cleaned up turned out to be 14K.  The pearls are broken but worth restringing.  I'm kinda psyched.


What is it with me and hearts?  This one is sterling and 14K, made in Israel.  I'm researching the artist.  I love it.


I found this later in a church rummage sale.  No one reads the backs of vintage screwbacks any more - it's sterling by Art.  Rhinestones and silver are knockout.


This is my favorite overall, just for pure, offbeat coolness.  Base metal, clipons, still amazing. Can you read the box?  And inside is a card that says the pieces are made with something called "mummy beads."  No idea what that means, but if it's quirky, it's mine forever.


This is dated 1992.  The lady I bought it from said she got it at Bill Clinton's inauguration.  Silver plated bookmarks from Tiffany = sweet party favor, yeah?


Did I mention the table itself is one of the treasures this week?  Needs some love, but it's in great shape for a thrift shop find - even came with the glass that protects the leather.  No idea what kind of wood, though the stripey bits seem to be actual inlay, maybe boxwood ... or do I watch too much Antiques Roadshow UK?

Another week down.  Some from thrifts and consignments, but the lion's share is from yard sales.  I hope the rain stays away from us this weekend - I'm already seeing signs for mad amounts of neighborhood and church stuff!

Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep