Monday, May 23, 2011

Report

Pretty good week, even though it looks lean.  Left Field Trip was in from Alaska all week, so mostly I just spent time with my boy.  Yes, I made him stand patiently in a few thrifts, but it's his own fault!  He wanted to see something new, after all!

Okay, so here it is ... an none of it from the Day He Stood.

Yep, even the tray counts - it's a cheeseboard ... with a sterling silver mouse!  First time I've ever had a seller argue me down from my starting offer (to $3).  As for the rest of it, the flower is the only thing I got during the week (plus a Fossil saddlebag purse and a Vera Bradley computer case) so all the rest of it came from yard sales.  The way I work is if something is $3 or less I don't look very closely at hallmarks, but if someone wants more I look away.  On the left are some of the regrets (HGE ring, things that stick to magnets), then, crossing right, things with no marks but will likely turn out to be silver of some percent or another, and then the sterling (with gold above).  Only three things were over my $3 mark, and they were all consignment (flower pin, flower necklace, and WG earrings), but none were too much above that mark.  Overall, for the price of a tank of gas, I really cleaned up.

And I'm talking country gas, not city gas.

I don't know if my favorite find is the cheeseboard (the mouse is on a swivel, see?) or those gold hoops (18K, quite a shock when I got home and looked closely).  I also love the flower, sterling and 14K, and the WG earrings that were priced the same as two other pair that obviously came in at the same time from the same consigner - and all, someone thought, the same base white metal.  The ring is also kind of cool, because it looks so much like a giant threw a tantrum and stomped it flat that no one noticed there are six small diamonds in it (and it was 50 cents).

Today is Dead Monday.  The son is gone.  The yard, which has not only been pelted by rain (with more to come) but ignored by the Bunny with the Bad Back, is in desperate need of attention.  I need to pull weeds.

And maybe, just maybe, pull out my metal detector.

Who knows, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep