Friday, June 29, 2012

Who's Watching the Watches?

I'm always shocked when I realize how long it's been since I've posted.  This time it's not so much about busy as it is about lazy.  I have been travelling, though, so that's gotta count for something - to Texas to get the last of Mama's estate stuff (mostly Rose Point crystal, shipped to my house, two pieces broken so I'm still pushing the shipper for the insurance payout so I can replace them).  The Big Lug and I have also taken a couple of overnighters, just because (he's so romantic).
Not as much hunting as I'd like, but a nice, heavy bracelet tagged "goldtone" (it wasn't) helped to make up for the lost time everywhere else.  Plus, I'm really kicking into high gear with the Purge.  First things hit eBay this week, but lots of crap has been tossed and donated, and I've made the decision to be a vendor at one of our First Saturday sales, for those nice-but-too-big-a-painintheass-to-pack-and-ship pieces.

For today, however, just a quick post ... with a quiz.



These are five of many watches I've collected over the years.  All have silvery cases (though one also has gold color), and all are 1920's or earlier.  Here's a darker but clearer view.


Most actually work.  Two have real stones.  Three are marked with what looked like gold karat marks when I bought them, but only one is actually solid gold (18K).  Can you tell which are which?  And do you know how to tell?

Answers next time ...

Happy hunting!  And happy Independence (from clutter!) Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep