It's not that 2014 was a bad year. Bad years are traumatic but have an inherent unreality to them that makes them, once they pass, major triumphs. Much harder, in some ways, are transition years. Between the implosion of the company I'd worked with for 20 years and the pretty major surgery (that I'm still recovering from), the move of one on my writing partners to the other side of the country and new characters exploding on the scene, tip top highs (diamonds and amber and coins, oh my!) and horrible mistakes (ties so many ties)...well, let's just say there's a reason I'm looking forward, not back. No triumph is possible, only moving through.
But moving through I am. And the shape of the path ahead is quite...intriguing. Less teaching, more writing. Less buying, more selling. Fewer things, more serenity.
And not just here, either. My life is changing. I don't know what's ahead, but it's starting to look amazing.
I know I'm not the only one in transition. My more mystical daughter-in-law says 2014 is a cosmic transitional year. So for everyone feeling dissatisfied, or unsettled, or even afraid, take a deep breath and smile. The old year is about to end.
And the New Year is going to be...an absolute treasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep