I really did ask for help during the writing of that last post - my daughter was going to come over today and spend time with me before and after her yearly well-woman exam. I asked if she'd help me with a couple of projects, and she said "yes." Then her doctor called in sick last night, so Head Trip went to work today ... and I have nothing on my calendar.
This isn't happening very often lately. My workdays don't begin until 2 or so (I get students after school, remember) but since the first of January my mornings have been full of trying to catch up on sleep (late classes 5 days a week) and on household errands. My hours since mid-December have been double, even triple, what they have been in years past, too. And though Fridays are technically my days off, I've been travelling with the Big Lug and dealing with paperwork, or reading about new ways to make, save, and find money and treasures instead (even expanding my writing horizons, too - can we say "NY Times Bestseller?"). By last night, when Head Trip called to cancel, I'd already burst into tears twice (when I couldn't find the checkbook and when I thought about today's then-full schedule), lost my cool once (over a possibly stolen trash can, of all things), and went a little binge-y on some Popeye's. Let's just say I was ... relieved. But a day off? Me?
Then I woke with Brain Fog. Menopause, stress, or depression, I have no idea, but I respect the Brain Fog - so much so that today, for the last ... seven hours (!) the most work I've done (besides this post) is to clip all the coupons from my accumulated stack of circulars. I've also eaten three times (small meals make Bunny smaller) and watched four or five of the shows I'd recorded and saved for the network hiatuses, but haven't had a chance - no, haven't allowed myself the time - to watch yet.
Now, though I could keep writing, I'm going to keep watching, or maybe reading something that won't expand my mind ... or maybe I'll just stare out the window, do anything that doesn't feel like work. If it feels like work, if I don't relax the lobes thoroughly, I won't be able to have a good day, a happy and productive and non-stress, day for a very long time.
Been there, more than once, and don't want to be there again. So I will continue to do that which I don't do easily. I will rest.
And remember to breathe.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep