Thursday, February 26, 2009

No Time

I have 15 minutes to write. Not a whole lot of time. Not a whole lot of inclination, either.

Truthfully, I'm choosing a long walk over a long post. Don't have to, but want to - a particularly violent bout of stomach flu left me feverish and weakened for days. One of the reasons I was so itchy on Monday, I think, is that I was starting to feel ... reasonably well, but since I hadn't exercised in days, I was pretty grumpy. Only once have I been out (except for work and errands), and that day was so frigid I took a shorter route. I had every intention to walk yesterday, but my DVD recorder blowed up and I raced all over town and internet to find a replacement. I failed. I will try to find a machine today, after the lunch date with my friend, after the shower, and definitely after the walk.

I still have much filing to do, much demolition/renovation to do, and much teaching to do before next week, and I definitely need some outside time. But after my post last time, I want to tell you one thing - I cannot recommend highly enough (again) the Sarah Susanka books, and most especially the one that seems to written just for me and my small, boxy ranch: Home By Design: Inspiration For Transforming House into Home. I have learned more about design this week than I'd ever, in my whole life, even thought to ask about. I don't know if I have the talent to put any of it to use, but I'm going to try, and soon.

For now, though, gotta walk. The Big Lug needs me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep