Thursday, February 12, 2009

Progress

Okay, so I'm not perfect. My hands are nearly a half-century old (abused by fighting, as well as heredity), and since I spent two days using clippers (to both cut down the canes and cut them into 6" chunks so my trash guys would take the thorny things) my poor arthritic appendages just weren't happy enough to let me finish screwing down all those rails for the organizational drawers.

The patch looks great, though. Remember the before?



Well, look at it now!


Since it's winter, you might not appreciate the seemingly subtle change, but, trust me, it's night and day around here. Cut, cleared, and mulched. In a couple of weeks, I think I'll plant snow peas in that now-empty, middle space - snow peas don't tend to last past May, which is when the thicket really starts to fill in (and cuts off the sun).

As for the drawers ... yep, there's one thing that'll transfer to the new ToDo. And though I got my blood work done, I'm still avoiding the mammogram. (That's two.) The pull-soldering event will happen when I figure out how to hold onto the fidgity little thing, which even the Big Lug can't envision (and that's saying something) - three things shifted on. And, unfortunately, eBay is dependent on a friend's schedule, because she already does this and promised to help me out ... and I refuse to learn this from the ground up, too. (Four.) Oh, and I tossed one more thing to the next list, too - a carpet pull is slated for this weekend. (Hey, don't you judge me - it's a two person job, believe me, and everyone knows nothing says "I love you" more than ripping up a mile of dirty, dust-mite-excrement-ridden olefin and polyester!)

I'm not displeased. You saw my list. Everything else is done - the only thing I'm waiting on is one more bid for the electrical, but come hell or high water, we'll have our new panel by the end of next week. And, yes, I put Start a novel. Any novel bigger than life - not at the top of the new list, but at the bottom, separate from the rest. See, every writer knows that the last image is always stronger than the first.

So let me leave you with ... not an "after" picture, but one "in-progress" ...


Can you appreciate the other problems with those drawers? Old cabinets, no removable shelves, 5' 10" me. And though I couldn't have gotten even that far in two years ago I was still ... that is to say, I couldn't ... well, I'm stuck there - right there, no further - for a reason.

Now you know why I hate mammograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep