Thursday, April 23, 2009

Writing It

I've been a little whiny lately. (No, really?) I don't know why, and I don't excuse it, but I'm not going to do it any more. Acid Trip told me a few weeks ago that if I don't have anything to say I should say nothing. I have plenty to say - mostly more of the same, which, since I refuse to give into the snivelly side, means this will be a short, news-oriented post.

And it's good, actually. More work this week, more work coming - I'm giving up a couple of Saturdays but it's worth it. I've had enough of the half-checks. I can't eat yard sale finds. I thank Heaven I have a job in which I can increase the hours at will (at least some).

And I don't want to jinx anything, but Head Trip has been approved for the apartment she really wants - bigger than many, and a bit over her head but with a second (at-home) job she can swing it. We're going to check it out together tomorrow - she's seen a similar one, in a different building, and she wants my opinion on the actual place. I'm so proud of her for not only finding her path but being willing to walk it.

The yard is progressing apace - slowly, of course, because of the lack of discretionary funds to blow on it, but piece by piece, bit by bit, I'm not only clearing the beds in front of the house, I'm dumping the dirt and scraggly stuff into the ditches, filling them up like crazy. Rain for the past few days proved it not only won't die but it's a pretty lush green, which is all the Big Lug cares about. (Weeds can be killed next year, right?)

Oh, and I broke into my piggybank to buy a wheelbarrow to replace the one I broke over the weekend. It took an hour to put together today. I haven't used it yet. Cross your fingers.

That's pretty much it. I've been reminded this week that life is mostly about putting one foot in front of the other, about holding onto my inner smile with both hands, and about focusing on and having faith in your goal - because it doesn't matter how much you fight it, worry about it, whine about it, or write about it, everything will work out how it must.

And mostly, that means something wonderful.

Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep