Our "vacation" starts Monday. Now, I put that in quote marks, because, like everything else I do, nothing has only one side to it. On the way to Texas, we plan to make multiple stops, including one at Crater of Diamonds in Arkansas (after a t-storm, I hope). We will shop antique malls, hit some weird and wonderful places of touristy interest (I'm letting him choose a few), and we will not drive too far in any one day.
Perfect, right?
Of course - once we get out of here. Until then ... just shoot me.
I'm writing this in a hurry in between balancing the checkbook, making sure all the bills are paid and things like paper delivery is suspended, double-checking the dog's boarding arrangements and the cat's caretaker, finishing up the "sod" (despite a bit of mud), and clearing all the surfaces in the house (so I can dust and vacuum tomorrow before I start in on the packing). I spent three hours yesterday cleaning my jewelry, another two finishing the reservations and arguing with my mother (who wants to pay for our hotel), and at least thirty minutes printing out confirmations, coupons, and maps. This is in addition to geting the car inspected, then teaching until 9:30 last night and waking at 5:30 because a much longer list ran uncontrolled in my head - in addition to the above, I leave early today to get the Big Lug's tea, some material for tonight's class from another location because nobody in the office planned well, and get a book that's on hold.
Oh, and did I mention I must do it all now because Saturday and Sunday are 12-hour work days?
I know, I know, I can farm some of it out, right? I already have. And prioritized. And let go of the more perfectionistic items. I'll probably even ask my daughter to come over and vacuum, maybe clean the bathrooms, while we're away before this is all through. But some things only I can do, and I will - some time.
I want a vacation. I need a vacation. And I will darned well get one. Just as soon as I do this one more thing ...
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep