During April, my (paid) work load was exceptionally light, my hunting was exceptionally unproductive, and the proverbial showers were exceptionally absent. Things have changed.
I taught 9 am to 9:30 pm yesterday - not solid, of course, but for 10 hours in the 12 1/2. This will be my Sundays for awhile, along with one evening class this week and two every week after that. At least 9 weekly hours of tutorials have materialized, too, so no more half-checks (yay!).
I missed the fossil-hunting trip due to illness (more on that later), but I guess I was supposed to be here because I found several nice pieces at yard sales on Saturday - two silver rings (one a carnelian, one a beautifully carved agate cameo originally bought in Pompeii), seven sweet pairs of earrings (a heavy silver & gold half-circle - turned out to be Tiffany & Co! - and a sterling & peridot full loop were the best deals), and one super-cute bracelet of gold hearts (14K, weighs about 9 g). Total spent - $26. I've so missed these amazing bargains!
Speaking of which, Friday I bought clothes. I grabbed my usual size, tried a couple of things on, and realized they were too big - so I slipped into a 12 for the first time since I was a teenager. And the clerk had coupons that saved me $25 on the (smaller, ha!) skirt, slacks, blouses, t-shirts and shoes - which, by the way, were all on sale, too. The Big Lug dressed up to match my new look, took my to dinner at a posh restaurant (birthday, remember?), and pampered me all over the place. Despite a do-I-have-the-hybrid-virus scare (not), it was a very good day.
I am kicking myself a bit, though - I didn't finish the sod-stripping on Thursday, didn't get back to it on Friday or Saturday, and since we're currently caught in the escalator-like trough that's carrying storm after storm through our area I'm watching all my hard work starting to blow up. By the time all's said and done, I'll have twice the "grass" to deal with than I had when I started.
But it's okay - May's overabundance of all things (even the bad) sure beats April's whole lot of holding-pattern make-work. Now if we can just get rid of this rain ...
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep