I keep the books for an LLC. There are three partners (including myself). I found out a few interesting things today about LLCs, the IRS, and my own innate sense of chaos:
1. Last year's "automatic" extension (with pertinent paperwork) was for 6 months. This year it was 5 months - which was 9 days ago. Writers do not good timekeepers make.
2. If you file late on an individual income tax form - but you owe no money - you owe no late fees. (At least it was that way a few years back, though a quick check of the IRS web site reveals it doesn't say anywhere obvious and in so many words whether people who are owed refunds pay a penalty or not.) If you file late on a corporate tax form, even if you not only owe no money but made not a penny (and even took a loss), tough toenails - it's $90. per partner, per month or part of a month. And, if I remember correctly, you can't even deduct that on next year's form.
3. If I ever get the urge to be a bookkeeper, an accountant, or a tax lawyer I will lay down until it passes. If it doesn't pass, I will drill a hole in the exact spot the thought came first because obviously it's an alien living in my smart bits.
I'm tired, I haven't eaten lunch, and I have students in less than an hour. Surprisingly, I while I feel sarcastic and snarky, I'm not terribly upset. I've learned an important lesson - like Thomas Edison and his views on failure, I have eliminated another handful of possibilities for future employment and enjoyment. That's gotta count for something.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep