Monday, September 14, 2009

Same Old, Same Old?

When my sister told my mother we'd gone parasailing, Mom said, "You're kidding? Your sister, too?" At which point Sis informed Mom she was on the speaker phone.

When I told Head Trip I went parasailing, she said, "Really? But ... Really?" I had to tell her I had pictures to prove it before she stopped tripping over her own tongue.

When I told LF Trip I went parasailing, he paused before he said, "Good for you!" in that hearty way someone who can't wrap his head around a concept says anything. And then he followed up later by laughing over a comment I made about cleaning the house, adding, "You? Mom you never really cleaned anything in your life." (Yes, I could hear the italics.)

Predictable, funny, do-anything-for-me Mom. Queen of the Unfinished projects wife. Low key, play-it-safe gal.

I'm pretty damned tired of everyone thinking they know me. I really need to do something about that. And do a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep