Today is the first day in almost three weeks that I haven't had a student. I have a granddaughter, yes (she had the flu over the weekend) but not a student.
We've been dreaming today. It started out as research on eBay - I bought a box o' stuff at a flea market awhile back, and I wanted to see how much the comps are selling for. Somehow, one thing led to another - I searched "18K" and suddenly I lost three hours of my life.
Princess was with me, looking at the pieces over my shoulder (she didn't like many of them, but then again she's wearing blue Hello Kitty socks with a pink dress covered in mint green flowers). She helped with the calculator, too, proving to me that she is the most brilliant girl in the world. She wasn't allowed to watch TV so she's been changing watch bands and faces (something I bought at a yard sale) to match her mood. She tried eight of the ten colors, only skipping the mustard yellow and the light blue (what that says, I don't know). She also talked to imaginary people on her cell phone (a dead throwaway we put in the toybox). Pretty realistic conversations for someone who can't reach the back burners of a stove.
We pretended today, she in her world, me in mine, and we both had the most fun when our worlds intersected. I started out the day with housework and organizing in mind. I'm ending it with visions of my Sugar Plum dancing in my head.
Not too bad for a day off, huh?
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep