I intended to have pictures of the landscape. I really did. Trouble arrived in the form of record heat and torrential rain, however. Migraines. Stress. Training new teachers via the internet (which hates my Windows Vista). Add to that my insane work schedule last week, and all I can say is I'm lucky to be this close to the end. Maybe tomorrow, maybe this weekend, I don't know. No peeking, though, until I have it actually finished.
Instead, I have pictures of a different sort.
Okay, they're all in Britain, but the two biggies were found by normal people like me ... well, people who actually got their metal detectors out and used them in the big, wide world. And I'm not taking pictures of my landscape until I get my metal detectore obstacle course worked in.
Read 'em and drool!
"Busy Year For UK Treasure Hunters" is from 2007. And it appears things got even better because ...
"GOLD HOARD PICTURES: Largest Anglo-Saxon Treasure Found" just two years later. And then there was ...
"Amateur 'Stunned' After £1m Find", which happened mere weeks later. And, of course, the latest ...
"Photos: Amateur Finds Ancient Treasure."
I want to go to Great Britain.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep