I didn't have much time (or energy) for the hunt over the weekend because classes began on Saturday for the fall tests. The time for finding (at least at yard sales) is on the wane, and the time for earning is coming into its own. Long hours (Sunday was 9 - 930), and lots of drama, but one of the reasons I love my job is that this kind of chaos only lasts for a few weeks, then drops off, then goes away completely before ramping up again for the Spring insanity begins the cycle all over again. And that's as it should be.
This is also the time I start thinking of my New Year's resolutions. No, not for January - who wants to make resolutions in the midst of post-holiday excess and let-down? - but for the beginning of the school year. It's a better time to not just make resolutions but to really put my best foot forward in order to actually keep them. Besides, I don't know about you but after decades as student and parent in the U.S. public school system, Labor Day feels like a time of new beginnings. Let's face it, we've spent most of our lives planning around that year, not the calendar year.
And so life continues to turn. Shorter days and less time (and opportunity) to hunt. Longer evenings in which to (perhaps) actually relax. Cooler weather that just invites meandering walks (to get rid of the 10 stress-pounds). And getting my days back (I work after school hours) so that I can get some things done around here.
Sounds perfect to me.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep