I didn't get Jimmy Olsen's number, but I sent my pics to my computer, even took another with my phone for last week's and yesterday's finds. These are my first Saturday flea market. I found a couple of fun things, but one really good one here. The entire week's stuff is this:
Mostly yard sales (pearl earrings), consignment (hoops priced "sterling" - marked "585"), and an antique mall (the bee, dangle earrings, and one of the pins). The pin on the right was this flea.
The entire previous week is this:
More pearls (14K clasp, perfect condition), more clutchbacks and wires (no one ever checks!), white gold and singles (rummage sale several hours after opening - few look at "silver" or stray things), toe ring (a dollar!), and one pin from a dollar bin and another that isn't marked that was ten (a yard sale - haven't tested anything yet). The best finds were the engagement ring with a quarter-carat diamond (a previous husband's), the onyx-and-14K ring and earring set, the jade with diamond, and those pearls, all from the same sale (not dollar finds, but under $200 for all of it). The hummingbird was yesterday from my favorite charity shop - half its "melt" instead of my usual tenth, but gold is rising again, isn't it?
Yes, thank heavens!
So I've learned several things this week. One - pictures on my phone suck, and I can't get them to the blog at that moment anyway, so I need to learn to take my camera and just hit the 'net at the earliest possible opportunity. Two - the greatest finds seem to come along when my reserves are lowest (that ring was one of two exes' rings), so I need to have a backup plan. And three - if my backup plan is to restart my internet yard sale to refill the pot, don't do it during my busiest week of the year.
I'm dead tired. I'm sucked dry. I haven't walked in two weeks. And I really need to take a shower.
Jimmy Olsen can go hang - I need Superman!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep