Taxes. Don't mind paying them, hate tallying receipts for Schedule C's. Doing a lot of thinking about taxes and hunting lately, and I've come to a few realizations:
1. I don't buy to resell, so I don't count buys or sales in any tax form any more than I would for clothing or household goods. Yes, when I buy I won't buy to lose money (in any area!), but that's a hangover from being $75K in debt and crawling out of that hole inch by painful inch over a three-year period. I do screw up more times than I can count, spend too much on impulse, but that's a hangover from the days when (mall) shopping was therapy - and food was love, and exercise was stupid. I haven't sold more than I would sell at a yard sale, and I've donated 20 things for every 1 I've sold ... and not junk, either - that ends up recycled or just trash.
2. I need to get more receipts from the charities I donate to, and donate even more. Selling is a pain in the *ss.
3. I vow to work on my metal detector skills this year - thrift shops and yard sale people are going a bit batty with prices. $10 for a gold plated chain? Really??
Suffice it to say, I still refuse to cheat anyone, I still refuse to pay more than it's intrinsically worth (or learn not to buy for therapy ... nah), and I still love my life. I'm just a little number-burned right now. And I haven't even finished yet.
See you later ... assuming I survive this week, yeah?
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep