I didn't realize how much time had passed between my last post and this. I reread my last post. Huh. A bit wild-eyed, no? And yet, it's all true.
April was good to me. May started well, took a break, then started up again, with a bang last weekend. This week has been a series of great finds, some rare pieces at fair prices (a turn-of-the-century Eastern Star brooch for a bit under melt!) and a few amazing pieces at astonishing prices (five pieces of Bunnykins by Royal Daulton, including a nursery bowl, none dated, for $18). Yesterday was Community Yard Sale heaven in my area so I stayed local. However, because we're expecting a series of storms, I knew I had to get the entire front sweep of sidewalk trenched (no mere edging after a year of neglect) and so I vowed to limit my time in The Hunt, knowing that I would be fine no matter what (if anything) I found.
Amazing what a change of attitude can do for a Bunny. Again.
Found: Sterling (several pieces), sterling and 18K earrings (heavy and gorgeous), pearl necklace and matching bracelet (with 10K clasps), two Vera Bradley wallets, a 14K "World's Greatest Friend" pendant, several costume crosses and earrings, 14K and pearl studs, an old organizational pin marked "solid gold" (which, by the way, usually means plated but this time was actually 14K), a carved carnelian pendant (huge!), a 10K baby ring, a pair of 14K Zodiac studs plus two singles, a heavy duty stapler (for my SAT tests), a magnifying glass, and a gun rug. Most of the jewelry was from just two sellers, one of whom brought it out because I asked if she had any jewelry!
Time spent: about 3 hours, mostly in my own neighborhood's parking lot while people unloaded (did not buy a single thing there).
Total miles driven: 14.
Total spent: $9.50.
Wild-eyed, maybe. Crazy? No way!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep