When I changed the blog's name, I decided (obviously) to shift focus from money accumulating to treasure hunting, to up the ante with technical aspects (I'm on my phone right now), and to change from two posts a week to one. Except when something cool happens.
Yesterday, the Big Lug and I went to drop watches off with our repair guy. It's a long haul, but every other Friday is our day-trip time. On the way, we stopped for lunch at one of our fave places, passing an antique mall ("and flea market") we keep saying we'll investigate. After the remaining 30 miles, after the watch-drop, my companion-for-life asked if we should hunt the thrifts here or go home. I thought about the stores there, the weather possibles (icy rain was forecast), but "my gut" told me something illogical, and for the first time in weeks, I listened to it. I told the Lug, and, with shrug of acceptance, off we went to the new place.
It was exactly what we like - a mix of old and new that is well-kept and stocked but doesn't take itself too seriously. And, in a tray full of silver earrings, I found a pair of heavy-for-their-size, priced-as-silver, figural conch shells, marked "Bahamas" ... and "14 K".
Welcome back Mama Angel.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
Wonderful find, be open to your intuition! There is treasure out there to be found.
ReplyDelete