Thursday I searched the jewelry cases at three different thrift shops and came away with a great tablecloth I don't really need (linen, I think, and humming with lace) with 8 matching napkins ($10). Friday after pricing the (overpriced) gold and silver at two more stores I walked away with a book (The Thirteenth Tale) boasting a virgin spine and the price still on it for $1. Saturday I got caught up in my bill-paying and dinner-making before a meeting with my writing partners took over my day and my brain (happily); one brief stop at an estate sale up the street on the way home yielded a total of ... nothing. Sunday was preparation for both of my two scheduled classes, and then actually teaching the two classes (one of them new). And Monday I somehow got distracted from the one and only sale I saw on the way to another appointment - took a different route from the location and ended up in an endless look-for-parking loop at my favorite thrift store, which added to my great load of diddly.
It's a sign.
Oh, for nothing so exciting as "the coming apocalypse" or "my impending post-menopausal state." No, this is a sign of a different kind of change.
One of my fall resolutions was to have more adventures. To me, that means facing my fears and taking risks and not being afraid to spend a ton of time somewhere without anything but memories to show for it. That's what this week has been - but too much like ... a job. Yuck!
It's time to break from (momentarily) my familiar charity shops and antique malls. It's time to add to the treasure mix - and add to my bottom line at the same time. It's time to begin a new hunt - for a fabulous (and cheap) metal detector.
Indiana Jones, move over!
If he ... you know ... actually used a metal detector.
Tall Tales
-
So....this happened. I directed a one act play. It was called Tall Tales by
Robert Shennkan from the *Kentucky Cycle*. It was an experience I almo...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments at the beep ... beep